soprano, alto and tenor saxophones
clarinet, bass clarinet
Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Norway, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Mexico, Kazakhstan and China.
|2010||Start Scholarship from the Austrian Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture (BMUKK)|
|2010||Artist in Residence at Rondo Ateliers, Graz|
|2010||Next Generation Scholarship, European Forum Alpbach|
|2009||Full scholarship to the European Forum Alpbach (Austria)|
|2008||Christoph Klauser Art Prize (BSA Styria)|
|2006||KUG Scholarship for a three month stay in New York; lessons with Dick Oatts.|
|2005||KUG Scholarship for a workshop in Barcelona with Steve Wilson.|
‐ Born October 23, 1978 in Graz
- Studied jazz saxophone at the University for Music and Dramatic Arts Graz (KUG) with Karlheinz Miklin. Received a Master of Arts degree (performance) in 2007 and Bachelor of Arts (music education) in 2009
- Additional studies with Klaus Dickbauer at the Music University of Vienna (2005/2006); private studies with Dick Oatts in New York (fall 2006).
- Further inspiration and workshops with Charlie Mariano, Steve Wilson, George Garzone, Don Menza, Heinrich von Kalnein, Gerald Preinfalk and Jürgen Maier.
- Working as freelance musician and teacher in Graz and Vienna since 2007. Leader, producer and/or sideman in various groups and ensembles.
- Founder and head of Fat Tuesday, concert series in Graz (2005 – 2011)
- Founder and head of Jazzwerkstatt Graz, a festival featuring young jazz musicians in Graz since 2007
Biography as pdf-file: download-area >>